Jesuit Memorial College (JMC) is Catholic boarding secondary school in Port Harcourt, Nigeria for boys and girls. Open to all, Christians and non-Christians, it is owned and run by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). It was opened in 2013 in memory of 60 students of Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja, Nigeria who died in Sosoliso plane crash of 10 December 2005. JMC provides a well-rounded education in terms of conscience, competence, commitment and compassion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Teacher
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- The ICT Teacher will plan, prepare and deliver instruction to students JS 1 to JS3 and SS 1-3, in accordance with the Nigeria National Policy on Education and regulations of Jesuit Memorial College.
- The teacher will cover effectively and efficiently every item in the scheme of work in use in the school while also teaching the students all they need in everyday life in relation to ICT.
- Over and above all, every teacher in Jesuit Memorial College is a role model to the students.
Qualification and Experience
- B.Ed (Computer Science) or its equivalent is required.
- Any higher Degree or qualification, especially in the field of ICT, is an advantage.
- At least 2 years teaching experience in a similar role. Any other experience relating to ICT is an advantage.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, good command of English language, good understanding of adolescent psychology, good interpersonal skills, a team player, ability to work effectively with minimum supervision, proficiency in use of Office Suites like Microsoft Word and Power Point.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, Curriculum Vitae (in Microsoft Word format), scanned Credentials, Letter of Attestation from their 3 referees and Medical Certificate of fitness by email to “the Human Resources Manager” via : [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Hard copies of the above mentioned documents may be submitted at the school gate:
Jesuit Memorial College,
Elipokwoudu Road, Mbodo, Aluu,