Nestle Nigeria Plc – As the Leading Nutrition Health and Wellness Company, we are committed to enhancing People’s lives, everywhere, every day. Infact enhancing lives will influence everything we do together.
A presence in more than 130 countries and factories in more than 80 research centres brings many global benefits. We believe in long term career development and appreciate how challenges and motivation will help you reach your potential. Nestle Nigeria Plc upholds the principle of Non- Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunities in its recruitment processes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agricultural Services Officer (Dairy)
Position Type: Full-Time
- Nestle Nigeria is currently looking to hire an Agricultural Services Officer to support its Dairy Development Project in Nigeria. S/he would be responsible for smooth milk production and collection operations.
A day in the life of…
- Handling milk production, including chilling and transportation management.
- Procuring fresh milk, ensuring premium milk quality in respect of fat, bacteriological load, antibiotics, aflatoxins and pesticide residue.
- Maintaining good operations in chilling centers and farm cooling tanks.
- Building and maintaining good public relations with farmers, dairy development project implementation partners, milk collection agents, veterinary officers, food production coordinators/operators/technicians, etcetera.
- Monitoring field operations and complaint resolution for field workers/farmers.
- Assisting with the selection of agents and development of new villages.
- Providing veterinary aid to sick animals of farmers en route, inclusive of prophylaxis measures.
- Educating farmers on dairy husbandry and general agricultural practices including disease control measures, fodder production and silage making, using right quality of cattle feed to avoid incidences of aflatoxins, judicious use and proper handling of antibiotics, clean milk production, proper use of pesticides and fertilizers, etcetera.
- Ensuring accurate payments to farmers, reconciling transaction differences and over payments.
- Inventory Management – Maintaining good supply/constant availability of materials.
- Quality Management – Ensuring the observance of good quality management procedures, observing food safety and contamination protocols, carrying out surveys as required and participating in relevant internal audits.
What will make you successful
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Agricultural Sciences / Agriculture Business Management, Veterinary Sciences, Animal Husbandry or Food Sciences. A Master’s degree in any of the above would be an advantage.
- 0 – 1 year similar working experience.
- Ability to multitask and resolve conflicts.
- Good organizational/planning skills including book-keeping and inventory tracking/management ability.
- Attention to details and time management.
- Agility/Proactiveness and innovation.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Basic knowledge of animal husbandry, animal disease management and treatment to sick animals, fodder crop production, silage making and cattle feed rationing.
- Good understanding of audit processes and the applicable Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to relate easily with locals in the designated area.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- We would be considering applicants as they apply, so please do not delay in submitting your application.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Application Deadline 28th December, 2021.