International Centre for Investigative Reporting (ICIR) is an independent, nonprofit news agency that seeks to promote transparency and accountability through robust and objective investigative reporting. The ICIR’s mission is to promote good governance and entrench democratic values by reporting, exposing, and combating corruption. The Center is envisioned to be a catalyst in encouraging and fostering a tradition of journalistic excellence through creative investigative reporting, online publishing, and training programs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Analyst
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Apply your expertise in data analysis, data mining, and data visualization to help build executable strategies
- Perform programming, under general direction and independently, to execute analysis that will drive the final project deliverables-a mix of recurring reporting and ad hoc analytic projects
- Manage the data pipeline from flat file sources. third-party systems to data warehouse processing, including automation of routine processes
- Assist in development and design of automated dash boarding, regular reports and adhoc data deliverables providing content and writing of key observations.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Assist in the creation of compelling presentations that provide actionable insights and recommendations
- Prioritize and monitor project progress relative to timeline and scope
- Appropriately account for the timeliness and quality of all assignments including QA/QC data and analytic outputs to ensure accuracy
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to manage data logistics – including data transfers, understanding data structures, business rules, etc. – to enable project execution
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 2 – 3 years work experience
- Development experience in R/Python or another language such as SQL
Advanced Excel Development experience with one of the BI tools (e.g. Microstrategies, Tableau, etc.)
- Exceptional collaboration skills across a variety of audiences; can successfully deliver across competing objectives and constraints within business, IT and executive leadership.
- Strong Google Analytics skills and deep experience with digital media data, either web or mobile as well as data integration
- Strong data visualization
- Logical thinker who is able to identify, articulate, and resolve data related issues
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and enforcing internal processes and best-practices that ensure consistent quality and successful execution of initiatives
- Knowledge and/or experience with providing data requirements while working with structured and unstructured data sets.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- A self-starter who is passionate about getting data, using data, making sense of data, and helping others benefit from making analytics driven decisions
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas and solutions in an organized and compelling manner
- Strong analytical skills, proficient with Microsoft Excel, Microstrategy and data analysis
- Intermediate statistical knowledge.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail