Konga is a leading player in the Nigerian ecommerce space, with over a thousand (1000) employees across the country, over 30 offline retail stores and many growing business subsidiaries such as KongaPay, Konga Travels and Tours, Konga Express, Konga Food etc.
We are currently recruiting talented persons (male and female) with passion for the ecommerce space to join our logistics team in the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Sales / Business Development Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Mid Management Level
Reports to: Head, Business Development Operations
- The Logistics Sales/Business Development Officers will be responsible for generating and converting sales opportunities within allotted regions and shall ensure that all assets within his/her care are properly drilled to maximize its potential.
- The role also entails working closely with the warehouse and supply chain team of many organization as the case maybe on luggage shipment planning and ensuring business targets are being achieved.
Some Roles and Responsibilities
- Profiling of potential clients for logistics services, set up meetings between Kxpress and prospective clients’ decision makers.
- Lead generation, cold calling, and presentation of proposals to ensure robust pipeline opportunities.
- Plan approaches and pitches, work with the team to develop bespoke proposals that suits clients’ logistics needs.
- Carry out research and market analysis, familiarize with the industry trends and develop strategic sales plan.
- Track and follow-up pipeline opportunities to ensure closing of deals Manage clients’ accounts and maintain a healthy customer relationship with clients Ensure zero idle assets, profitability and return on investment.
- Responsible for price and service negotiation with customers and carriers.
- Responsible for supervising shipments until delivery completed to guarantee smooth operations and customer satisfaction.
Professional Skills & Qualifications Required
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Interpersonal skills: Sociable personality with know-how at developing relationships Communication skills: Applicants for this role must be analytical and a problem solvers with adequate skill set to handle stressful situations while putting the needs of the customer first
- Time management, multitasking and negotiations skills are also required.
- However, candidates with Diploma and strong experience can be considered.
- Experience in transportation brokerage/sales experience, marketing multipart logistical solutions to a wide range of clients.
- Candidate must possess a strong track record for delivering successful sales experience in personal selling, telephone sales, and customer service.
- Knowledge of Trade-show, LTL, and less than truckload; FTL – Full Truckload and Air Freight, as well as other supply chain management solutions.
- Solid skills with MS Office software; good experience with sales automation, customer relationship management, and other web based software programs.
Why Work with Konga?
- A unique opportunity to work in a fast paced, structured and technologically driven environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team growing the ecommerce space in Nigeria.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our fast growing businesses.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Negotiations, CV containing their Linkedin profile details or Portrait Photo to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.