Growth in Value Alliance (GVA) Partners Limited – Our client is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Sales Specialist
- Our client requires the services of a Technical Sales Representative with experience in the sales and marketing of technology solutions and services.
- The candidate must demonstrate the ability to identify customer needs and recommend solutions and services from the company to customer.
- He/she must also be very good in market research to understand relevant trends and opportunities which the organisation can explore to serve its customers.
- To be a successful technical sales representative, you should be able to develop an excellent rapport with your existing customers and source new clients.
- A top-notch Technical Sales Representative should be knowledgeable about competing products and should have the ability to break down technical terminologies to non-technical clients.
- Client prospecting through establishing the needs of the customer and suggesting appropriate solutions/services.
- Explaining complex technical information to customers in a way that is easily understandable.
- Keeping customers informed about new technological solutions/services.
- Compiling proposals and reports related to technical solutions/services.
- Working with other team members to successfully close sales engagement.
- Ensuring that sales targets are consistently met.
- Reporting to management about sales made.
- Updating records of customer communications and contact information.
Keys Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Business or a related field.
- A minimum of four (4) years of technical sales or marketing experience.
- Understanding of the data management, business intelligence and analytics concepts will be an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to identify and follow up on leads.
- Exceptional skills in selling products and closing deals.
- Knowledge of sales promotion techniques.
- Excellent presentation skills and a professional appearance.
- Excellent writing and customer communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Soft Skills: Stakeholder relationship, working with customers and partners, excellent relationship building, win-win and can-do attitude.
Application Closing Date
24th June, 2022.
Job Title: IT Security Engineer
Employment Type: Contract
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly skilled IT security engineer to join a dynamic project team. The resource shall be responsible for the following:
- Carry out procedural system maintenance on all IT systems.
- Ensure all networks including but not limited to LAN, MAN, WAN, GAN meets the demand of the company.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults and replace parts as required.
- Maintain all IT system work flows.
- Maintain and update all IT Networks.
- Maintain and contribute to the development of IT Network.
- Participate actively in developing, planning and implementing advance IT systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lead cybersecurity initiatives in conjunction with Group Cybersecurity team.
- Design and implement security controls to safeguard and monitor events for information systems, enterprise applications and data.
- Lead the implementation of Information Security projects
- Drive internal and external vulnerability assessment, penetration tests engagements and manage results to remediation.
- Respond to escalated security events and drive security incident response processes to ensure timely resolution with minimal disruption.
- Design, document, and deploy secure infrastructure solutions to enhance and evolve the security posture of the business to ensure integrity, availability and confidentiality of all critical enterprise data.
- Provide expertise on security tools, including but not limited to firewalls, Web Application firewalls, IDS/IDP, anti-malware software
- Liaise with stakeholders in respect of operational implementation of security policies and best practices
- Collaborate with the Client Server Team to ensure that technical plans are practical, controls are sustainable, and implementations are managed to minimize risks and adverse impact to servers, workstations and user productivity.
- Implement the infrastructure, configurations and processes to monitor security related events
- Prevent data loss and service interruptions by researching new technologies that will effectively protect the enterprise network.
- Guard all company data, particularly sensitive data, from both internal and external threats by designing broad defenses against would-be intruders
- Take the lead on day-to-day monitoring for unusual activities, implement defensive protocols, and report incidents
- Collaborate with other members of the cybersecurity team to develop new protocols, layers of protection, and other both proactive and defensive systems that stay one step ahead of cyber criminals
- Maintain security guidelines, procedures, standards and controls documentation
- Maintain a working knowledge of current cybercrime tactics
Supervisory / Managerial Responsibilities:
- Ensure conformance to Cyber security Blueprint / Roadmap
- Provide inputs to company strategic plan on all initiatives to ensure that Security gaps/vulnerabilities are identified & closed
- Establish and ensure credibility through strong relationships, value-add to operations and professionalism
- 3 – 5 years of experience in an area of Security specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a Large organization and preferably in the Telecommunications industry
- Strong background as an Engineer/Architect in application security infrastructure and various network technologies to include devices such as firewalls, VPN, intrusion/extrusion detection, vulnerability & risk assessment tools, encryption technologies, virus/worm/malware prevention, E-business and web application technologies, Data Loss Prevention, whole disk & device encryption solutions, two-factor authentication, common Windows (desktop & server) platforms,
- Experience with Microsoft, Solaris, Unix, Oracle and MSSQL
- Experience working in telecommunications industry
- Managing network and/or network security
- Knowledge should be current with information security best practices and global trends
- Knowledge of security best practices such as; defense in-depth, least privileges, need-to-know, separation of duties, access controls, encryption
- User accountidentity, authorization and authentication management.
- Security incident and event management
- Experience in researching new or emerging technologies and processes that may be incorporated as solutions to reoccurring security concern
- Penetration Testing
- Vulnerability life cycle management
- Advanced Security Incidence Response
- Systems Auditing, Database Security, Firewall Design, Intrusion detection system administration Implementation
- Security enforcement on systems level, security audit and vulnerability management
- Telecommunications, Network, wireless & Internet Security.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (in MS Word and PDF) to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] and [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Job Title: Data Scientist
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client requires the skills of a data science specialist with hands-on experience in planning, developing and management of predictive and prescriptive analytics projects/solutions.
- The successful candidate will also be responsible for supporting through administration and model update development (where necessary) of some existing inhouse solutions.
- Ensuring delivery of projects according to agreed timelines, excellent user experience and 99% application/service availability are some of the critical requirements of this role. Specifically, the developer role will include.
- Gathering and developing user specifications requirement documents for every project initiative.
- Developing project implementation plans for each initiative.
- Model/solution development, deployment and support.
- User guides/manual development.
- User training and solution handover
Keys Skills & Qualifications
- B.Sc in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or any other social science programs such as Economics.
- 3 – 4 years practical experience in Business Intelligence, Predictive & Prescriptive Analytics model development.
- Expertise and hands on experience with programming languages/technologies such as Python, Oracle PL/SQL and generally working with data on different relational and non-relational Database Management Systems (DBMS).
- Expertise and hands on experience with different machine learning libraries/algorithms such as pandas, mathplotlib, Regression analysis, K-Nearest Neighbor (KNN), Deep Learning using Keras and Tensor flow etc.
- Good knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) as it applies to Python.
- Excellent data visualization skills using Microsoft Power BI and Tableau.
- Knowledge of Flask, Django and any workflow Python framework.
- Knowledge of relational database (Oracle & MySQL).
- Knowledge in other database systems (e.g. MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Knowledge of basic operations of Linux server.
- Experience in GIT is an added advantage.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to software and the web in general.
- Good problem solving and logical thinking skills (ability to transform business requirements into programmable solutions).
- Good Communication skills.
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple organizational units (multitenancy).
Application Closing Date
24th June, 2022.