Graduate Assistantships – Multiple Opportunities (Academics, Advancement, Equipment, Marketing), La Salle University, USA
Pennsylvania ,United States
- Posted Date: 06/16/2023
- Expires on: 07/31/2023
The Graduate Assistant, Athletic Equipment Room will assist the Equipment Manager with all tasks related to equipment. Duties will include:
– Assist with management of daily equipment room operations, including but not limited to, issuance and collection of uniforms and practice equipment, inventory, & record keeping.
– Assist with the daily laundering of uniforms and practice apparel for 19 intercollegiate teams.
– Assist supervisor with equipment issues during all home games.
Graduate Assistant, Athletic Equipment Room – All applicants must apply through this link: https://lasalle.peopleadmin.com/postings/4560
For specific questions on this position, please contact Mike Stringfellow [email protected]
The Graduate Assistant, Academic Support for Athletics, will assist with the academic support of student-athletes across all 19 La Salle varsity sport programs. Duties will include:
– Provide one on one tutoring and mentoring assistance for specified at-risk student athletes.
– Assist in creating and monitoring study hall staffing.
– Assist in special department projects as directed.
– Support La Salle University’s educational philosophy and the goals of the Athletic Department as a loyal, energetic, and highly visible University representative.
– Knowledge, understanding, and full compliance with the rules, regulations and philosophies of the NCAA, various conference affiliations, and La Salle University.
– Knowledge, understanding and full compliance with NCAA Bylaw 10.1 (ethical conduct) and NCAA Bylaw 11.2 (contractual agreements).
– Assist in performing appropriate needs assessment, documenting of one on one meetings in Starfish.
– Responsible for report of potential violations, eligibility problems, rules infractions, or disciplinary action of student-athletes immediately to your supervisor and the Athletic Director (or designee).
– Create a positive environment for student-athletes by communicating clearly and fairly with each student-athlete on matters that affect his/her development including academic, physical, social, spiritual and athletic issues.
– Accept no speaking engagement for money, endorsements, or any other outside employment at any time without prior approval of the Athletic Director (or designee).
– Promote the University in general and athletics and be involved in the total athletic program of the University, including attendance at meetings and support of department goals and objectives.
– Assume additional duties and responsibilities as determined and assigned by the Director.
Graduate Assistant, Academic Support for Student Athletes – All applicants must apply through this link: https://lasalle.peopleadmin.com/postings/4581
For specific questions on this position, please contact Kate Lanzilotta at [email protected]
The Graduate Assistant, Athletic Development will assist the Senior Director of Development for Athletics with all aspects of development communications and outreach, including through the giving cycle, to advance La Salle’s varsity sports programs. Duties could include:
– Work with the members of the Athletic Development staff with communications and relationship management of our alumni athletes and supporters (donors/potential donors).
– Work will include writing and preparing regular correspondence – emails, letters, newsletters, etc. Distribution may also be required (i.e., sending emails and mailings).
– Provide Men’s Basketball game day support for VIP functions.
– Assist with event planning for alumni events with specific sports teams.
– Assist at Athletic development events, such as donor check-in, customer services responsibilities, and event support, including calls to donors regarding event attendance.
To apply, please use this link: https://lasalle.peopleadmin.com/postings/4717
With any questions, please contact Brian Frankowski at [email protected] or 215.951.1188
Marketing & Fan Engagement
The Graduate Assistant, Marketing & Fan Engagement will assist the External Relations team with all aspects of marketing and fan engagement for La Salle’s 19 varsity sports programs. Duties could include:
– Implement marketing and promotions strategies for all La Salle NCAA Division I sport programs.
– Working closely with Associate Athletic Director to write scripts and game day public address announcements.
– Attend home events to assist with music, student rewards program, and promotions on game days.
– Oversee promotions calendar and schedule for all sports teams.
– Work with coaches and student-athletes to promote games across campus to engage students.
– Help to recruit student interns to assist in game-day fan experience initiatives.
Graduate Assistant, Marketing & Fan Experience – All applicants must apply through this link: https://lasalle.peopleadmin.com/postings/4551
For specific questions on this position, please contact Dan Lobacz at [email protected]
Tuition benefit (1 course if working in the summer, 2 courses if working in the fall, and 2 courses if working in the spring).
This position will be expected to work 20 hours per week for the assigned semester(s) & receive a monthly stipend. Fees of $285 per term are the GAs responsibility.
A list of all graduate programs can be found here: https://www.lasalle.edu/grad/academic-programs/
Unconditional acceptance and enrollment in a related La Salle graduate program.
Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to NCAA and member conference rules and regulations.
Demonstrated self-direction and motivation with the ability to work independently and work under pressure.
Successful background check clearances including, but not limited to a PA Criminal Records Check, FBI Fingerprinting Check and a PA Child Abuse Clearance Check.
Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of La Salle University.