NSIA-LUTH Cancer Centre (NLCC) is a healthcare service provider focused on cancer treatment and care. We are equipped with the most innovative cancer therapy solutions, making way for curative and palliative treatments to be delivered in Nigeria. We provide patients with a multidisciplinary team approach for the management of all types of cancers and we work with highly qualified specialists across various disciplines, allowing the center to offer cancer care of the utmost quality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radiotherapist
- Assist the radiation oncologists and physicists to develop treatment plans for cancer patients;
- Prepare the patient for CT simulation.
- Keep records of treatment information such as radiation dosage, equipment settings and patient’s response to radiotherapy.
- Monitor patients to check for the side effects of their treatments and make appropriate recommendations or changes to their treatment.
- Provide an offline review of patents by supervision and make necessary adjustments where necessary.
- Dispense radiation dose during brachytherapy treatment.
- Carry out CT simulation and send acquired images for contouring.
- Inspect radiation equipment and devices to ensure they are operational and function effectively.
- Ensure compliance with safety guidelines procedures and standards to prevent undue exposure of staff and patients to radiation.
- A minimum of Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Radiography with a PGD in Radiotherapy.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in clinical practice.
- Previous attendance in ARN conferences or any RRBN continuous development programme is an added advantage.
- S/he must be able to communicate (read and write) in the English language. The ability to speak another local language will be an added benefit to the role and unit.
- An excellent team player with good time management skills.
- Must be licensed by the Radiographer registration board of Nigeria (RRBN).
- A Radiographer with Diagnostic experience and interest in Radiation Therapy.
- Previous exposure to the international atomic energy agency (IAEA fellowship, seminars and workshop.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience in Brachytherapy will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and updated CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail