Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Engineer – Service Engineering (Oilfield Equipment)
Job ID: R48536
Location: Onne, Rivers
- Do you enjoy enhancing the performance and reliability of essential equipment?
- Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving technical problems?
- Bringing cutting-edge physical and digital technologies together to create oilfield equipment is the beating heart of our work.
- Devising smarter systems that control and monitor oil and gas extraction, our subsea and flexible pipe capabilities are industry leading.
- Our team provides support for customer operations to ensure continuity for production. Partner with the best
- This role is responsible for activities relating to enhancing services such as customer data, maintenance, safety, etc.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing Service design concepts based on user needs
- Evaluating system and component performance and reporting results
- Delivering products as part of a team. Working on cross functional teams.
- Leading analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
- Writing and reviewing procedures (New installation, maintenance & troubleshooting), doing calculations, drawings, tilts studies and RCA’s.
- Defining allocation to subsystems based on refinement of the design concept with SME in subsystems.
- Conducting field visits when required for investigation and troubleshooting.
- Developing new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations.
Fuel Your Passion
To be successful in this role you will
- Have at least 7 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent.
- Be able to show excellent problem-solving, process improvement and analytical skills
- Be a motivated self-starter that promotes teamwork and collaboration in a cross-functional environment
- Be able to travel flexibly, at short notice and be away from your home location for undefined periods of time.
- Have a valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate ( please indicate clearly on resume)
- Demonstrate proven experience in mechanical engineering for Pressure Control equipment.
- Demonstrate experience in working in projects with global teams
Work in a way that works for you:
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- For us flexibility works both ways, we work with global customers, so as long as we can respond and deliver to these we can offer a lot of flexibility in this role.
Working with us:
- Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes.
- We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
- We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for You
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply