PYXERA Global Inc., a non-profit entity formed in 1990 under the laws of the United States of America, with offices in the USA, and Nigeria has operational footprints in over 90 countries. The organization leverages the unique strengths of corporations, governments, social sector organizations, educational institutions, and individuals to enhance the abilities of people and communities to solve complex problems to attain mutually beneficial goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Project Officer
Locations: Southern Katsina, Katsina and Northern Kaduna, Kaduna
Employment Type: Full-time
Division: Enterprise and Community Development
Reports To: Rayuwa Project Deputy Director
- PYXERA Global, a nonprofit organization based in Nigeria and Washington, D.C., is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Education Project Officer. The position is full-time, and community based.
- This position holder will work with the Rayuwa project team to implement an integrated community development project with a focus on enhancing accountable education in the project area.
- The Rayuwa project is funded by the John Deere Foundation and is housed within the Enterprise and Community Development Division of PYXERA Global.
- The Rayuwa project involves collaboration with diverse partners and a drive to be continuously adaptive to the local context.
- The Education Project Officer is expected to support the Education team to implement Rayuwa’s accountable education program activities.
- The ideal candidate will have a relevant educational background and experience in integrated development programs with a focus on child education in a rural community.
- Preference will be given to candidates with strong communication and report writing skills.
- As part of the Rayuwa Nigeria team, the successful candidate will exemplify the Rayuwa values of teamwork, equality, and a strong work ethic.
Key Position Responsibilities
The Project Education Officer will report directly to the Rayuwa Project Deputy Director and will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide overall technical expertise and management of all education-related activities.
- Provide relevant technical guidance and collaborate with the project team to design, develop and implement accountable education development activities within a multi-sector program, with a strong focus on community participation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Engaging and building strong relationships with community members, analyzing data collected to identify education-related gaps, and designing priority action plans and intervention areas in partnerships with the community and relevant external stakeholders.
- Develop a clear and adaptive project work plan based on the seasonal (school) calendar, stakeholder availability, project deadlines, and targets, etc.
- Oversee the program’s overall curriculum development and teaching and outreach strategies.
- Identify project impact tracking indicators and key technical focus areas.
- Document program achievements, innovations, failures, and lessons learned to integrate into project activities and inform project strategy.
- Provide input on monitoring & evaluation tools to ensure accurate data collection, verification, and analysis of training activities, and to avoid duplication of efforts.
- Research government schemes relating to child education and social protection to link target children in the villages with available benefits and identify opportunities to leverage existing schemes in project activities to maximize the impact of the project and drive sustainability.
- Support the development of project reports on education activities, as needed.
- Conduct frequent site visits to observe local education practices, family education preferences, and collect data from schools.
- Staff capacity building: contribute to capacity building of Rayuwa Nigeria Education Team.
- Exhibit and is committed to the Rayuwa Values of honesty, transparency, integrity, humility, freedom to innovate, equality, keep a “light” attitude, quality, teamwork, focus on the goals, accountability to all partners, and monitoring to learn and improve.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- A Master’s Degree in Education, Social Sciences, or related field.
- At least 7 years’ experience in education, teaching, curriculum development, and/or after-school tutoring/mentoring/coaching; classroom teaching experience in the Southern Katsina/Northern Kaduna Region preferred.
- Medium level awareness of learning crisis/poverty impact and mitigation, education access, and context-inclined engagement improvement approaches.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing engaging and experiential (non-traditional) classroom-learning modules including curriculum, lesson plans, objectives, learning assessments, and the design, use of teaching-learning materials (TLM), and teaching at the right level (TaRL) approach and local language development.
- Experience in deployment and monitoring the use of digital tools in strengthening teaching/learning engagement within rural settings.
- Previous experience in implementing community schools-based management reforms is highly desired.
- Capacity to support the implementation of a multifaceted learning outcome plan tailored towards character building alongside improving foundation skills (literacy, numeracy, and STEM).
- Previous experience in implementing programs that seek improvement in learning outcomes (reading, addition, and financial literacy skills) among adult rural learners highly desired.
- Excellent facilitation skills, familiarity with training-of-trainer (ToT) approaches and methodologies, and competencies to use tailor-made and diversified facilitation/training methods and tools.
- Experience organizing community and/or youth outreach and support programs.
- Knowledge of government schemes for education and social protection for children.
- Well-versed in computer and internet operations and developing analytical reports.
- Fluent in English, Hausa and other local languages strongly preferred.
- Professional experience in the Southern Katsina/Northern Kaduna Region, Nigeria, preferred.
- Nigerian national, required.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume with a Cover Letter attached, an expected compensation package and list of three professional referees to: [email protected] using “PYXERA Global Rayuwa Education Project Officer (EO) 2022” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis.