The 2023 Pitch AgriHack competition calls African brightest young minds to present their solutions to the world. Young agritech entrepreneurs from across the Africa continent have the opportunity to completely alter how we approach issues related to food security.
These innovative thinkers have a platform to share their technological solutions for the Africa’s agricultural ecosystem through Pitch AgriHack. Pitch AgriHack 2023 will honour the most promising projects that tackle major problems and advance sustainable agricultural development with a total prize of $45,000 USD.
- Host: Heifer International
- Category: Competitions
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: $45,000
- Deadline: July 3, 2023
Three categories are recognised as winners in the competition:
- Startups in the agritech industry
- Mature or growth-stage agritech businesses
- Women-led agritech companies
African founders or co-founders with companies offering agritech solutions and digital services in the agriculture sector, aged 18 to 40, are eligible for the competition.
Application Deadline: July 3, 2023
2023 Pitch AgriHack Requirements:
To be eligible for this 2023 Pitch AgriHack competition, applicants must:
- Clearly explain how their solution benefits smallholder farmers.
- Have a strong organizational and operational structure.
- Be between 18 and 40 years old at the time of submission.
- Hold citizenship from any of the 54 African Union nations with official identification.
- Be a founder or co-founder of the enterprise represented and actively involved in its operations and leadership.
- Have no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony, or other offenses.
- Not have been a previous finalist or winner of Pitch AgriHack or GoGettaz.
- Fill out the application form in English.
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions.
Pitch AgriHack Competition Reward
There will be a total of three winners and three runners-up. Each winner will get a cash reward of US$10,000, and each runner-up will receive US$5,000.