9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Product & Enterprise Solution Development
Job ID: IRC4575
- Oversee every element of how Product development is developed, integrated, validated, brought to market and serviced from a solution delivery standpoint spanning the BSS/OSS stack.
- Coordinate product platform capabilities and capacity with technology teams in line with the product roadmap, business plan, supplier roadmap, or market/industry trends.
- Manage interfaces with other partner organizations involved in the development and delivery of products and services (e.g. roaming, interconnect, etc.).
- Manage key phases of the product lifecycle from concept approval to in-Service Support.
- Lead and provide broad development support covering design, application architecture, build, integration, quality assurance, support and optimization for large-scale product and service delivery infrastructures. Responsible for driving innovation in the OSS/BSS space geared toward superior products and service delivery.
- Partake in establishing and maintaining a world-class OSS/BSS architecture, consistent with best industry practices and fit for delivering on EMTS’ business objectives.
- Establish and maintain a best-fit enterprise software development environment leveraging on latest technologies for quality service support delivery in a cost-effective manner
- Establish and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Keep abreast of global and local best practice and products/offerings/technologies as it relates to the team’s functions.
- Participate in the IT capacity management forums. Also, contribute to cross-program governance to ensure companywide alignment across Architecture, Data Models, Business Processes, Development, Integration, Testing, Deployment and Commissioning processes.
- Ensure the right mix of competencies, tools and manning levels required to achieve the unit/function’s strategy and ensure consistency with overall business objectives.
- Support IT Strategy and the program and portfolio management teams & others in the design of OSS/BSS initiatives, project selection, prioritization and scheduling based on commercial objectives.
- Manage relationship with ITO vendor in ensuring ITO business objectives as it relates to product management are achieved.
- Support product innovation/shape product design and drive higher ROI by educating product managers on any untapped platform capabilities.
- Manage inter-departmental relationships, especially with the Commercial, Network Engineering &Operations, Finance, and Internal Control functions.
- Provide leadership in translating business requirements into technical designs as well as all the technical deliveries from concept to in-service support. Lead all solution analysis and design in the product management space.
- Own the product catalogue and ensure that is current/up-to-date and that both commercial and technical catalogues are in sync.
- Support the demand management function in negotiating delivery priorities for new product/service requests, ensuring optimal use of delivery capacity without cost overruns.
- Manage ITO and other product/service implementation partners and ensure defect-free products are delivered for UAT and that defects raised during the UAT are prompted treated. Coordinate the prompt resolution of post-launch defects.
- Support direct reports/teams in managing deliverables, SLAs/OLAs, and in driving actions /recommendations for improving product and service quality.
- Interface with product managers from various business units on matters related to product management throughout the life cycle.
- Propose / champion the formulation of new policies/processes and/or improvement to existing policies/processes, where necessary, to ensure that service levels match demand.
- Responsible for all BSS/OSS deliverables on projects as defined in project schedules/plans.
- Serve as IT interface for all matters related to Technical Roaming, & Inter-carrier partner/solution integration.
- Manage every indicator of risk within the product management domain and ensure adequate/acceptable mitigation. Accountable for the implementation of agreed audit recommendations related to products and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director, Product & Service Integration
- First Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science / IT or a related / relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate and/or professional qualifications in related fields will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years combined relevant Telecom/IT experience with at least 3 years in a managerial role.
- Experience in leading and high-impact role(s) with progressive levels of responsibilities and at least half of these in solution architecting.
- Strong OSS / BSS experience implementing products and services in large and very dynamic telecom/mobile operations environment.
- Must demonstrate exceptional knowledge of telecoms protocols e.g. SS7, SIGTRAN, IP, CAMEL, etc.;
- Strong technical knowledge of integration /middleware technologies and approaches, core network elements (e.g. SMSC, USSD GW, VAS platforms, etc.) including experience in the Intelligent Networks (IN)/Charging platforms, voucher management, CRM tools, etc.;
- Knowledge or experience in current software development tools and frameworks, virtualization and container technologies, and database management platforms.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter, possess good people management / exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills; will have strong experience in negotiating solution architectures and implementation options.
- A strong can-do attitude and aptitude to drive innovation within the OSS/BSS domain.
- Knowledge of/experience in the Huawei IN nodes and the TIBCO middleware suite will be an advantage BUT a comparable experience (i.e. in other OEM IN technologies &middleware) will be acceptable in near equal weight.
- Working knowledge and experience with service-oriented architecture will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of/familiarity with TMF or related / comparable standards will be advantageous.
- Ability to communicate excellently (verbal and written), particularly in communicating complex technical details in very simple and clear business terms.
- Ability to cope and deliver at satisfactorily high levels when under intense pressure.
- Exceptional analytical, quick-learning and critical thinking skills.
- Effective at influencing and driving change.
- Experience with producing business cases and UML/other renowned solution modelling experience.
Application Closing Date
Job Title: Manager, IT Demand & BR Management
Job ID: IRC4571
- Ensure that IT solutions and related services are effectively applied, by taking full ownership of IT demand matters from the business filter, prioritize and plan fulfilment whilst providing visibility to the Management team.
- Understand and document the desired outcome of an IT service and decide if the customer’s need can be fulfilled using an existing IT service offering or if a new or changed IT service must be created.
- Manage workload and assignments of a team of IT Demand Management & Business Relationship Specialists.
- Initiate and execute intra-departmental communication and improvement activities to ensure maximum alignment of the IT with business priorities and facilitate IT demand capturing.
- Build an overall demand pipeline on an annual basis as well as in an ongoing basis (mapped against annual plan).
- Capture new IT demands and ensure structured and high quality of demand’s scope and specification in order to have a consistent basis for estimation and scheduling of the implementation.
- Liaise with the business units to shape and implement the demand management processes as well as the regular liaison / relationship management interactions.
- Develop KPIs for Demand Management as well as dashboards and regular reports to create transparency and tracking of change requests and projects.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting of all IT demand related issues to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Develop, define, and implement the overall IT demand management structure & processes especially with upcoming business initiatives, and the current demand in terms of Change execution performance and capacity requirement challenges.
- Understand pattern of business activities and the underlying drivers & recommend appropriate actions in order to keep IT budget & costs within approved limits while meeting Business requirements on time, minimizing delivery risks and quality.
- Support continuous service improvement by championing the prioritization and resolution of all customer demand requirement.
- Ensure SLAs are agreed with internal customers and ensure alignment with the SLAs agreed with delivery partners
- Manage the risks related to delivery capacity and capability of current and forecasted demand
- Assist in developing solid forecasts that guarantees the continuance of business activities.
- Engage relevant top-level management of the business units at a strategic level to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction
- Customer liaison/advocacy – Understand the customers’ expectations based on their strategic objectives while delineating expectations that are driven out of individual behaviour and institutionalizing customer-centric improvement mechanism for business benefits.
- Manage the demand pipeline and liaise the business functions to capture, structure, prioritize, influence and align and plan fulfillment of accepted business demand whilst matching this demand with the IT delivery capacity.
- Attend relevant Business and decision-making forums which deal with future IT demand and new requirements
- Plan carry out and evaluate regular customer satisfaction surveys.
- Record customer complaints and compliments, to assess the complaints and to instigate corrective action if required.
- Continuously monitor the processing status of outstanding customer complaints and work with relevant units in the business to take corrective action if required.
- Organize periodic Internal Customer Forum (ICF) with Business Units/Areas to review performance, understand expectations and negotiate priorities.
- First Degree from a recognised University
- Relevant IT Certifications (ISEB BA, CBAP, ITIL, PMI etc.) are an added advantage
- Six (6) to Eight(8) years IT work experience with at least three (3) years at supervisory position. Experience within the IT and Telecommunications industry will be an added advantage
- Effective business relationship management skills
- Understanding of IT Governance and Demand and Supply management, Knowledge of ITIL Service Strategy, Design, Transition and Operation
- Effective communication and change management skills.
Application Closing Date
Job Title: Manager, Wintel
Job ID: IRC4577
- Lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of all Microsoft Infrastructure Software across Business, Service and Resource/Infrastructure capacity development and governance across enterprise systems.
- Assist in the implementation of approved policies and procedures for Microsoft Infrastructure system design, implementation and maintenance.
- Partner with business leaders, IT service operations team and other relevant stakeholders to identify Microsoft Products in line with Business requirements
- Responsible for planning of Microsoft Infrastructure systems upgrades and deployment.
- Provide technical and operational support in management of multiple Microsoft Infrastructure in a highly dynamic business environment and to support business
- Provide support in the implementation and user acceptance testing of Windows operating systems
- Assist in the development of a proactive maintenance cycle for Windows operating systems and automate preventive/routine maintenance on systems
- Perform daily Windows operating system administration, including hardware & software upgrades
- Maintain backup of the Windows operating system network
- Ensure optimal performance of all applications running on Windows operating system environment in EMTS through proactive tuning and preventive maintenance
- Monitor Windows systems performance and recommend adjustments to system parameters to ensure optimum performance and response time
- Work with the User Support team to provide second level support to the end users and ensure timely resolution of Windows system problems
- Collaborates with business, information security, database and application development teams to define and design scope for each project
- Develops and maintains system and project documentation including progress reports of the environment and systems
- Delivers support/ engineering which includes design, system upgrades, maintenance and enhancements, new implementations and solutions, root cause analysis and resolving performance issues
- Perform configuration, management and maintenance tasks for the following: Microsoft Windows Server platform, Active Directory, IIS, Microsoft Clustering as well as virtualization technologies.
- Carry out other duties as instructed by Head of IT Operations.
- Degree level education with a solid all-round knowledge of IT and its use within a business environment with minimum of 6 years experience
- Expert in Microsoft Infrastructure Software
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Windows Server platform (configuration, security, debugging crashes or poor performance, understanding of core operating system constructs such as memory, processor and I/O – disk and network)
- Expert in Microsoft Public (Azure) Cloud
- Proven professional experience with Virtualization (VMware vSphere & Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Proven professional experience and understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
- Good overall knowledge of Microsoft System Center Suite
- Must be capable of working under pressure in a supportive environment, this will include dealing with escalations from the business, providing feedback and dealing with several projects and problems simultaneously in an effective manner.
- The position holder must be capable of working on their own initiative within the procedures and guidelines laid down.
- The ability to communicate with all levels of staff, management and up to senior management level.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Resilient, confident and tenacious.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Prepared to work extended hours and travel to other sites/regions as required.
Application Closing Date