9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Financial Planning
Job ID: IRC4573
- Responsible for the management of the company’s financial accounting strategy and contribute to the development of the organization’s strategic goals
- Oversee all accounting activities and ensure compliance with appropriate generally accepted accounting practices and standards
- Develop and implement robust policies and procedures both in the finance and general operational realms
- Develop innovative risk management vehicles to Improve the organization’s financial position
- Ensure alignment of the division’s strategy with the corporate strategy, goals and objectives
- Ensure incorporation of proper Internal control regime in all facets of company operations
- Provide leadership and strategic direction in the execution of the divisions work plans and programmes
- Take ownership of, and communicate department’s strategic direction and objectives to staff
- Evolve and implement cost management strategies to monitor and control costs enterprise-wide
- Oversee tax administration (planning and compliance) company-wide
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the finance operations and support teams.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping top management informed of all critical financial issues.
- Authorise expenditure/transactions inline with the organisation’s approved authority limits
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal control and financial procedures
- Coordinate the preparation of timely financial statements and ensure that the statements reflect the company’s financial position and comply with statutory / regulatory requirements
- Manage the interface between the company and external auditors and regulators to ensure the organisation’s financial interest is protected
- Ensure compliance with tax laws and develop harmonious relationships with the various tax authorities country-wide
- Ensure systems optimization and operational efficiency
- Manage the human and material resources of the division to optimize performance and enhance output
- Assign detailed responsibilities to subordinates and supervise them to ensure timely delivery of high quality results
- Motivate, mentor, coach, guide and ensure knowledge transfer and capacity building in subordinates
- Act on behalf of and perform any other duties that may be assigned by the CFO.
- First Degree in a relevant discipline
- Post graduate/relevant professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CFA) is mandatory
- Minimum of twelve (12) years relevant work experience with at least Three (3) years at senior management level.
Application Closing Date
Job Title: Head, Product & Enterprise Solution Development
Job ID: IRC4575
- Oversee every element of how Product development is developed, integrated, validated, brought to market and serviced from a solution delivery standpoint spanning the BSS/OSS stack.
- Coordinate product platform capabilities and capacity with technology teams in line with the product roadmap, business plan, supplier roadmap, or market/industry trends.
- Manage interfaces with other partner organizations involved in the development and delivery of products and services (e.g. roaming, interconnect, etc.).
- Manage key phases of the product lifecycle from concept approval to in-Service Support.
- Lead and provide broad development support covering design, application architecture, build, integration, quality assurance, support and optimization for large-scale product and service delivery infrastructures. Responsible for driving innovation in the OSS/BSS space geared toward superior products and service delivery.
- Partake in establishing and maintaining a world-class OSS/BSS architecture, consistent with best industry practices and fit for delivering on EMTS’ business objectives.
- Establish and maintain a best-fit enterprise software development environment leveraging on latest technologies for quality service support delivery in a cost-effective manner
- Establish and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Keep abreast of global and local best practice and products/offerings/technologies as it relates to the team’s functions.
- Participate in the IT capacity management forums. Also, contribute to cross-program governance to ensure companywide alignment across Architecture, Data Models, Business Processes, Development, Integration, Testing, Deployment and Commissioning processes.
- Ensure the right mix of competencies, tools and manning levels required to achieve the unit/function’s strategy and ensure consistency with overall business objectives.
- Support IT Strategy and the program and portfolio management teams & others in the design of OSS/BSS initiatives, project selection, prioritization and scheduling based on commercial objectives.
- Manage relationship with ITO vendor in ensuring ITO business objectives as it relates to product management are achieved.
- Support product innovation/shape product design and drive higher ROI by educating product managers on any untapped platform capabilities.
- Manage inter-departmental relationships, especially with the Commercial, Network Engineering &Operations, Finance, and Internal Control functions.
- Provide leadership in translating business requirements into technical designs as well as all the technical deliveries from concept to in-service support. Lead all solution analysis and design in the product management space.
- Own the product catalogue and ensure that is current/up-to-date and that both commercial and technical catalogues are in sync.
- Support the demand management function in negotiating delivery priorities for new product/service requests, ensuring optimal use of delivery capacity without cost overruns.
- Manage ITO and other product/service implementation partners and ensure defect-free products are delivered for UAT and that defects raised during the UAT are prompted treated. Coordinate the prompt resolution of post-launch defects.
- Support direct reports/teams in managing deliverables, SLAs/OLAs, and in driving actions /recommendations for improving product and service quality.
- Interface with product managers from various business units on matters related to product management throughout the life cycle.
- Propose / champion the formulation of new policies/processes and/or improvement to existing policies/processes, where necessary, to ensure that service levels match demand.
- Responsible for all BSS/OSS deliverables on projects as defined in project schedules/plans.
- Serve as IT interface for all matters related to Technical Roaming, & Inter-carrier partner/solution integration.
- Manage every indicator of risk within the product management domain and ensure adequate/acceptable mitigation. Accountable for the implementation of agreed audit recommendations related to products and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director, Product & Service Integration
- First Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science / IT or a related / relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate and/or professional qualifications in related fields will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years combined relevant Telecom/IT experience with at least 3 years in a managerial role.
- Experience in leading and high-impact role(s) with progressive levels of responsibilities and at least half of these in solution architecting.
- Strong OSS / BSS experience implementing products and services in large and very dynamic telecom/mobile operations environment.
- Must demonstrate exceptional knowledge of telecoms protocols e.g. SS7, SIGTRAN, IP, CAMEL, etc.;
- Strong technical knowledge of integration /middleware technologies and approaches, core network elements (e.g. SMSC, USSD GW, VAS platforms, etc.) including experience in the Intelligent Networks (IN)/Charging platforms, voucher management, CRM tools, etc.;
- Knowledge or experience in current software development tools and frameworks, virtualization and container technologies, and database management platforms.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter, possess good people management / exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills; will have strong experience in negotiating solution architectures and implementation options.
- A strong can-do attitude and aptitude to drive innovation within the OSS/BSS domain.
- Knowledge of/experience in the Huawei IN nodes and the TIBCO middleware suite will be an advantage BUT a comparable experience (i.e. in other OEM IN technologies &middleware) will be acceptable in near equal weight.
- Working knowledge and experience with service-oriented architecture will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of/familiarity with TMF or related / comparable standards will be advantageous.
- Ability to communicate excellently (verbal and written), particularly in communicating complex technical details in very simple and clear business terms.
- Ability to cope and deliver at satisfactorily high levels when under intense pressure.
- Exceptional analytical, quick-learning and critical thinking skills.
- Effective at influencing and driving change.
- Experience with producing business cases and UML/other renowned solution modelling experience.
Application Closing Date
Job Title: Manager, IT Demand & BR Management
Job ID: IRC4571
- Ensure that IT solutions and related services are effectively applied, by taking full ownership of IT demand matters from the business filter, prioritize and plan fulfilment whilst providing visibility to the Management team.
Strategic / Tactical:
- Understand and document the desired outcome of an IT service and decide if the customer’s need can be fulfilled using an existing IT service offering or if a new or changed IT service must be created.
- Manage workload and assignments of a team of IT Demand Management & Business Relationship Specialists.
- Initiate and execute intra-departmental communication and improvement activities to ensure maximum alignment of the IT with business priorities and facilitate IT demand capturing.
- Build an overall demand pipeline on an annual basis as well as in an ongoing basis (mapped against annual plan).
- Capture new IT demands and ensure structured and high quality of demand’s scope and specification in order to have a consistent basis for estimation and scheduling of the implementation.
- Liaise with the business units to shape and implement the demand management processes as well as the regular liaison / relationship management interactions.
- Develop KPIs for Demand Management as well as dashboards and regular reports to create transparency and tracking of change requests and projects.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting of all IT demand related issues to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Develop, define, and implement the overall IT demand management structure & processes especially with upcoming business initiatives, and the current demand in terms of Change execution performance and capacity requirement challenges.
- Understand pattern of business activities and the underlying drivers & recommend appropriate actions in order to keep IT budget & costs within approved limits while meeting Business requirements on time, minimizing delivery risks and quality.
- Support continuous service improvement by championing the prioritization and resolution of all customer demand requirement.
- Ensure SLAs are agreed with internal customers and ensure alignment with the SLAs agreed with delivery partners
- Manage the risks related to delivery capacity and capability of current and forecasted demand
- Assist in developing solid forecasts that guarantees the continuance of business activities.
- Engage relevant top-level management of the business units at a strategic level to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction
- Customer liaison/advocacy – Understand the customers’ expectations based on their strategic objectives while delineating expectations that are driven out of individual behaviour and institutionalizing customer-centric improvement mechanism for business benefits.
- Manage the demand pipeline and liaise the business functions to capture, structure, prioritize, influence and align and plan fulfillment of accepted business demand whilst matching this demand with the IT delivery capacity.
- Attend relevant Business and decision-making forums which deal with future IT demand and new requirements
- Plan carry out and evaluate regular customer satisfaction surveys.
- Record customer complaints and compliments, to assess the complaints and to instigate corrective action if required.
- Continuously monitor the processing status of outstanding customer complaints and work with relevant units in the business to take corrective action if required.
- Organize periodic Internal Customer Forum (ICF) with Business Units/Areas to review performance, understand expectations and negotiate priorities.
- First Degree from a recognised University
- Relevant IT Certifications (ISEB BA, CBAP, ITIL, PMI etc.) are an added advantage
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Six (6) to Eight(8) year IT work experience with at least three (3) years at supervisory position Experience within the IT and Telecommunications industry will be an added advantage
- Effective business relationship management skills
- Understanding of IT Governance and Demand and Supply management, Knowledge of ITIL Service Strategy, Design, Transition and Operation
- Effective communication and change management skills.
Application Closing Date
Job Title: Senior Engineer, Circuit Switch Core
Job ID: IRC4572
- Support all CS core network operation and maintenance activities to ensure required availability.
- Coordinate all CS core related troubleshooting, fault analysis and performance improvement measures – preventive maintenance.
- Coordinate all acceptance testing for all CS core node integrations.
- Oversee all CS core network audit and performance improvement/maintenance activities on the network.
- Ensure preventive measures are implemented to avert network downtime and service disruption on CS core network elements and links.
- Ensure all vendor activities are in line with all agreed SLAs & KPIs.
- Maintain maximum availability and reliability of the entire CS core network
- Improve mean time to repair (MTTR) on all CS core network related faults and complaints
- Promptly implement all interconnects and service requests with partners
- Implement software upgrades, patch installations and expansion activities on all CS core network nodes
- Support NOC/Field operations teams in all CS core related escalations
- Review all new CS core related features and its impact on existing network
- Ensure regular network performance improvement via key KPI’s such as LUSR, PSR, AUTHSR, CSR
- Regularly review B number analysis table across all CS core systems.
- Enforce strict conduct of Quarterly audit of all CS core node configurations and ensure implementation of all relevant recommendations
- Ensure all change requests are implemented timely and accurately by Vendor
- Carry out quarterly backup and restore tests on all CS core network elements.
- Continuously review all CS core operations frameworks, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced network performance.
- Recommend and implement strict measures to control fraudulent high usage activities of illegal inbound/outbound roamers on the network.
- Integration, daily operations and maintenance on MSC/ HSS/ MGW/ STP/ SPS/ SBC/ ITSC/ U2020/other CS core nodes.
- Ensure proper documentation of operations on all CS core network systems
- Maintain snag/fault lists and follow up with vendor on clearance.
- Carry out all integrations and implementations on CS core nodes.
- Analyse performance reports and proactively resolve core network challenges.
- Supervise the implementation of software upgrades; file system upgrades; and hardware replacement on core network.
- Specify and review critical CS core performance measurement counters.
- Lead the troubleshooting of core network operations challenges and create solutions.
- Produce policies and procedures for managing and controlling managed services team.
- Perform periodic reconciliation of HLR profiles and templates in line with business requirements.
- Audit announcements and tone files between the IN platform and core network nodes.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Manager Core & Datacom.
- First Degree or equivalent in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering and/ or any other relevant discipline.
- Between three (3) to five (5) year experience in Telecoms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Good reporting skills.
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date